Kingfisher Bay Resort
You may arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort expecting golden beaches and sand dunes stretching as far as the eye can see, but there are postcard moments at almost every track and turn on Queensland's Fraser Island. Cement your love with a ceremony or celebration
WE'LL HELP YOU PAINT THE ISLAND PINK ON YOUR VERY SPECIAL DAY
With gorgeous Fraser Island as the backdrop for your commitment ceremony or same-sex celebration and our friendly team on hand to take the stress away - all you need to do is worry about looking FAB for the after party.
LGBTI-friendly Kingfisher Bay Resort is located on Fraser's sunset side and offers a range of gorgeous outdoor locations for nature lovers and lovers of all natures... all it takes is one ring from you and we'll be 100% committed to making your special day just so.
- Our famous mango and perfect pink sunsets make Sunset Beach the ideal place to say I WILL.
- We can put on the Ritz and deck out our Lake McKenzie-shaped pool with elegant table settings for a classy affair
- For a touch of rustic elegance, try our secluded bush 'chapel' for an intimate ceremony with bush surrounds.
- Fancy some sand between your toes and a casual affair? Our mirror lakes and secret beaches offer a splash of intimacy against a backdrop of frog and bird song.
- For a touch of flamboyance, choose our pop-up Dingo Den restaurant by the seaside - it's roofless, so you could say it's a 4-million star event.
- Strictly ballroom? We've got the mirror balls, the mixed tapes and the dance floor to have you partying ‘til tomorrow.
- If you love the bush, then we've got the lookout for you. This private ceremony venue overlooks the waters of the Great Sandy Strait and Big Woody Island.
- Have you seen our Atrium? It's a gorgeous spot if the weather turns.
On Fraser, we understand that there are no rules when it comes to commitment ceremonies and we'll be 100% committed to working with you to deliver your dream day. We must be doing something right... as the nice folks at the Queensland Bridal Awards
just voted us 'Best Reception Venue 2017' for the fourth year running!
Kingfisher Bay Resort and World Heritage-listed Fraser Island offers a stunning array of indoor and outdoor ceremony locations, casual or elegant dining options and stunning photo backdrops of the beach, bush and more.
We'll work with you to tailor-make your commitment ceremony or celebration to your exact liking and offer a variety of indoor and outdoor venues and party settings.
We also offer a range of accommodation options from resort rooms, including spa and ocean view rooms as well as self-contained two and three bedroom villas and self-contained Kingfisher Houses at special discounted rates for guests.
Fraser's temperate climes make it perfect for year-round celebrations... but if you're looking for an excuse to snuggle at the end of the day (not that you need one!!) then consider a winter wedding - there's great deals available on accommodation and venue hire.
Fraser Island is a four hour drive from Brisbane's CBD or a short 40 minute flight to Hervey Bay / Fraser Coast airport (with other major city connections). Our resort team can help arrange secure parking and/or airport and ferry transfers to the world's largest sand island.
BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE...
We understand that the venue is every bit as important as the all-important wardrobe, guest list and those shiny rings, so we offer couples* the chance to experience our facilities first hand. We'll provide complimentary accommodation for two in a hotel room, buffet breakfast and walk-on ferry transfers.
*This offer is for pre-qualified couples only and some conditions apply.